Cheryl Faltersack, SJFD
Easyworkorder helps the 6th largest fire department in the U.S. streamline their facilities department and help rebuild trust.
“Our stations now trust us.”
San Jose is the 10th largest city in the US and the 3rd largest in California.
The San Jose Fire Department serves the city-proper and other Santa Clara County areas with a total population that exceeds one million.
They respond to approximately 74,000 calls for service each year. They also are the emergency service provider for a number of high-hazard occupancies, including an International Airport; a municipal airport; seven major hospitals, including three trauma centers, and seven emergency departments; the SAP Center, home of the NHL San Jose Sharks; San Jose State University; three super regional malls; and 516 high-rise structures.
- No centralized system to manage facilities requests resulting in lost work orders and incomplete work
- Poor communication between individual stations resulting in resentment amongst fire fighters and a loss of trust
- Login portals for all 33 fire stations
- Run system on mobile phones and devices
- Sophisticated messaging and preventative maintenance
- At-a-glance desktop that provides visibility into entire department’s work load
- No more lost or incomplete work requests
- Improved communication with individual fire stations
- Trust restored and resentment abated